Monday, March 30, 2009

Earthfest and fam'ly days and camps, OH MY!

Events are busting out all over, and I couldn't be happier.

Today I got the official 'thumbs up' from the 4-H committee to use Camp Riversite for Midsummer Fest. Now it's time to get off my butt and, well, sit in front of the computer to get my paperwork and advertising together. Go fig. Thankfully my crack team of Pagan mamas (and one daddy) are on the job.

A few days ago I found out that Pizza Hut will be holding a "Family Fun Day" to be a fundraiser for Camp Heartland. This is a camp that Pizza Hut has sponsored for several years, and is for children with HIV/AIDS. Our particular store always kicks ass, typically taking first place in the area (unfortunately second last year). Basically I'll be creating a mini Kids Korner from Earthfest. A tiny scrap of scribbled-on paper and twenty minutes later, I've pretty much got the whole thing planned.

Sadly, Earthfest is sort of low on the priority list. It's not until August. There are two fundraisers in the coming month and a half, but they're pretty much set up.

Aaron's done with his temp job assignment for now, due to some totally BS circumstances. On the bright side, no more having the alarm go off hours before dawn. I'm not exactly a morning person, to say the least.

This is the stuff I live for, though. Blissfully, all the events I'm working with are family-friendly, so including Autumn, Aaron, and my friends with their kids in everything is hardly a stretch. I hate to put it this way, but I'm glad having a child hasn't taken me away from the events I love to put together. In fact, being a mom helps me look at it from a different angle, which makes these things turn out better.

Tomorrow is my day off, starting with swimming class the Y with Autumn. It's gonna be a good day.

No comments: