Saturday, December 13, 2008

Muddled thoughts on a full tummy

So, obviously it's been a while since I've typed anything, and I have no idea what to say. It's not that I don't have anything to say, it's more like that I don't know if my thoughts are worth saying, and that I've also been though quite a rollercoaster over the last few days.

Firstly, if you notice my ticker, I've lost 3 pounds so far. So how did I celebrate? Bowling, (light)Beer and Bar food. Ugh. I guess I'm allowed one day that "doesn't count", right?

I've been working a lot lately, which is a good thing because work equals money. Though I've found myself saying many, many times in the past, and quite a bit in the last few days that I have a hard time not being racist in my job. It's terrible to say, I hate that I think it at all. But when you have 8 deliveries and only three of them tip you, you start off frustrated. When those that don't tip you make you stand out in 7 degree weather while they haul out exact change, your blood starts to boil. When the majority of the non-tippers are racial minorities, ya start to wonder.

But then I come back to the restaurant and we ruthlessly make fun of people who aren't there to defend themselves in some of the most perverted and twisted ways possible, all is right with the world again. I'd go into details, but I just might get reported. OK, so cottage cheese, peanut butter and one co-worker and her roommate/friend-with-benefits/whatever were mentioned.

I had a minor freak-out moment yesterday when I realized December 20th is next week already. I have two holiday gatherings to attend that day, one of which Aaron and I are hosting. Well, mostly me, I think. When you have a soon-to-be 11 month old, not a lot of cleaning gets done on a regular basis, so I've got a ways to go. I probably shouldn't be sitting here typing. OMG! What if we don't get everything done in ti

No comments: