Saturday, January 17, 2009

Diapers and Liquid Plumber

True story; After a visit to my grandparents, we ran to Target to pick up diapers for Autumn and Liquid Plumber for our kitchen sink. "What an odd combination," I thought to myself. Then I found that the man in front of me at the checkout had the exact same combination, the only difference being the brand of diapers. The man and I got a good laugh...

Today was Autumn's first birthday party, and it went incredibly well. Grandparents, great-grandparents, aunts, uncles and friends came to celebrate. I even managed to bake the cake from scratch using Splenda. The only negative reaction I caught was that one person didn't care for the frosting. It was more filling that we had expected. I'm just glad it was edible.
Somewhere along the line, before the party, one of our kitchen sinks got ridiculously clogged. I mean, really, really clogged. I had half of a bottle of Liquid Plumber already in the house, but to no avail. Good ol' plunger? Nothing. Oy...
The party was filled with adorable moments, not enough of which were caught on camera. My friend Amanda, whose daughter Gabby is only six days younger than Autumn, stopped by for a few minutes. Autumn approached Gabby and gave her a big bear hug. Unfortunately, the roaring "awwww" thereafter scared Gabby a bit and made her fuss. Another baby, Reilly (seven month-old son of my good friend Robyn) got another one of Autumn's famous hugs, and he took it quite well. There was ripped paper, laughter, happy noises, and all kinds of things that baby memories are made of.
I also got the perfect "cake shot". You know, the one every mother needs to get of their kid on their first birthday after they've wreaked havoc on the frosting. As you can see, there was lots of blue.
My grandparents, who live in Sheboygan Falls, chose not to come to the party due to the snowy weather. The weather really wasn't too bad but my grandmother has a hard time moving around and just didn't want to risk falling. So we brought a party to their house. We had a wonderful visit, just Aaron, Autumn and myself.
Which brings us to Target, purchasing diapers and Liquid Plumber.
Meanwhile, I skipped out on the Y this week, and I feel like absolute crap for it. Of course it doesn't help when it's closed two days of the week due to insanely cold temperatures.
Thursday Autumn had her one-year portraits taken at Sears, which took all of fifteen minutes. The kid's a rock star. Yesterday was her doctor's appointment, where the poor girl was a human pin cushion; three vaccinations plus having blood drawn for a lead screening. She didn't bounce back from the shots as quickly as she usually does. It broke my heart, as usual.
I'm really hoping the weather starts to get back into shape. I hate having to re-arrange my schedule because of it. I need to get back to the Y and get my usual shtick back in order.
I have so much more to say, but I'm just too tired to type any m

No comments: