Tuesday, April 7, 2009

An excess of exes

I just got off the phone with Samantha, Aaron's ex wife. I'm not thrilled with this fact, but I probably got further in the conversation than Aaron would have, so there it is.

Darren is in Boy Scouts. Full-fledged Boy Scouts, as he has just recently "graduated" from Cub Scouts. Now, the fact of the matter is that he is going to have a lot of events for scouts in the months/years to come, many of which are on Saturdays, when the boys are either visiting with Aaron and myself or Aaron's parents. Of course, we totally support the boys' involvement with scouts. However, it's very difficult when the few days we get with the boys are already planned for us.

Basically, my work schedule is not very accommodating. I work every Friday nite, ending anywhere from 1 to 3am. (Mercifully 3am is a rare thing, even though it was the case last week.) Darren has an event the next weekend they are here at 8am. Long story short, Samantha thinks Aaron should pack up all three of the kids just to bring Darren to this if I want to sleep. I'm just going to get up and take a nap later in the day. My call to her tonight was to let her know that we'd make the schedule work, but it would be nice to have a "plan B" available, since my job schedule could easily change and I need the van to do so. Her response was basically, whenever she needs to get only one kid somewhere, she hauls the other around no matter what. Supposedly she understands the difficulty of adding a toddler to the mix. Oddly enough, Aaron's parents were the primary caretakers of the boys when Michael was Autumn's age. We're at an impasse, which happens often. At least she let me finish all of my sentences. Aaron didn't even get that during the first conversation with her.

And in other news, Midsummer Fest plans continue. I didn't really make any great strides, other than that I got to talk to a couple people at our Pagan discussion group tonight.

I really spent a lot of time on the Wii today, and playing with Autumn. Today was Aaron's birthday, and I made chicken parmesan for his birthday meal.

Autumn's tummy troubles and coughing continued today, but both are definitely getting better. You wouldn't know that she's sick at all by the way she acts. She's still her smiling, hugging self.

I'm really hoping I can purge myself of this phone conversation. The rest of my day totally rocked, and I want to focus more on that. That's tough when American Idol is playing in the background! (sarcasm, sarcasm...sort of.)

No comments: