Sunday, April 19, 2009

Goin' back to high school

Yeah, so I botched the "blog every day in April" plan. Arrest me.

Last night I went to go see Oostburg HS's production of Midsummer Night's Dream - the school I graduated from doing a show I was in my junior year. I must say I was very impressed with the talent, especially for a high school production. Although it was weird going back and seeing that the school finally did some remodeling. Much of the parts of the school were there when my dad attended, and you could tell. Because heaven knows the basketball team couldn't go THREE YEARS in a row with the same uniforms!

In other news, Autumn got a minor ear infection. We caught it pretty early, so we dealt with a fever for one day, a poor appetite for two days, and that's about it. She's a tough cookie, we all knew she'd take it in stride. And we know how fortunate we are in that she's 15 months old and just now getting her first one. It's nice to know we're doing something right. :)

We had the boys over this weekend, in fact they and Aaron just left to get dropped off at church. It's been tough dealing with them lately-particularly Michael. Firstly, it's pretty apparent that Michael's gaining weight again, and not in the "normal growing boy" way. It's also pretty apparent that he's getting lazier, and quite frankly, more selfish. We just got report cards, and this behavior is affecting his school work. I know, kids his age want the world to revolve around them, I get it. But Michael simply doesn't seem to understand that there are other people in the room with him, and they're not going to be focused on him 24/7.

Both of the boys have taken on this need to be Autumn's shadow in everything she does, to the point where they're tattling on her with every little thing she does, and most of the time she's not doing anything of any concern. On the other side of the coin, when we need them to keep an eye on her, the TV becomes the primary focus. It's just a very frustrating situation. I love those boys, but there days when it's hard to like them.

That's all for now. I've gotta get ready for work.

No comments: