Sunday, April 5, 2009

God supports terrorists, in theory.

Today was a little messed up at work. OK, it was borderline chaotic. What's interesting is that the customers who were crabby, were REALLY crabby, and those that were nice, were super-nice. I'm not going to go into any stories about the various d-bag customers, though. Just your garden variety complaints and stupidity.

However, I saw something interesting on one delivery. There was one gas station in town that I drove past where cars were lining up out onto the road to pump gas. At first I couldn't figure out why. Then I saw a woman, close to my age, standing on the corner holding a sign that read "35 cents off per gallon/ Sharing God's <3 (heart/love?)" Now, most normal people would have seen this and thought, "Aww, what a nice service to the community." Nope, not me. My first thought was, "Your God's love is helping support terrorists in the Middle East, Jackass!" (Yeah, I know it's way more complicated than that. I am a liberal, after all.) Talk amongst yourselves.

I'm a bit pooped out, again. I hauled ass at work today, but it's all good. With all the weirdness, the extra effort was very needed, and I feel good about what I got done. Now I'm going to watch the top 20 80's One-Hit-Wonders. Huzzah.

No comments: