Thursday, April 2, 2009

Captain's Blog, Star date April Foolishness 20000969

So, I'm cutting this down to the wire, for getting my first blog of April in. Meh.

Autumn's been under the weather, but it sounds like a throat thing she had a couple weeks ago, so we're not too worried. We're just keeping her in the house and cranking out the fluids for her.

Today I had to work, which I was totally dreading. The manager I had to close with just had her grandmother and dog pass away in the past couple days. Now, typically, I'd be totally sympathetic and gentle about all of this. However, this woman seems to thrive on drama - whether it really is there or not - and frankly, grandma has been of ill health for years now. In fact, there was a bit of a joke going around that grandma has actually been dead since the 80's. On the contrary, she was in good spirits last night. It was the total opposite of what I was expecting. Neat.

That's all for now. Until tomorrow...

No comments: