Saturday, April 11, 2009

Losing my voice... thankfully I can still type

Today was a good day. Long and exhausting, but good.

Like I mentioned yesterday, I had a meeting in Milwaukee for work. I drove down with three other women, and long story short, we had an absolute blast. I would have been exhausted, as I only got 4 hours of sleep (Autumn woke up with a messy and painful diaper), but it was so beautifully sunny out, it kept spirits up.

We then made it to the Earthfest fundraiser at EBCO, which I really enjoyed. Aaron and Autumn got a bit bored early on. The people who would have eventually showed up that Aaron knew were not there, and I was chatting with my sister and a close friend. Autumn was in need of a nap, so I sent the two home while I hung out at the event.

Aaron and Autumn picked me up to head to his parents' house to celebrate his birthday. It was a very enjoyable time. We had Kevins world-famous in the Covey home spaghetti. It was just a very nice time. We really haven't had a lot of time spent with his family.

Some other bs happened later in the night, but it's minor, I'm over it, and I don't want to end on a down note.

I'm hoping that my sister might stop by for a bit tonight, as I invited her over, and she's crashing at a friend's house that only lives a few blocks away. It's getting a bit late, and I haven't heard from her, so I'm guessing that's not going to happen, but that's OK. I got some wonderful time in with her today.

I'm friggin' tired. I'm also technically sick, although I don't feel it unless I try talking. I don't have to work until 5 tomorrow night, since the Hut doesn't open till 4 for Easter. We don't have any plans for Easter, with my mom working and such, but that's ok. Sometimes doing nothing is the best way to spend a holiday, even if it's a holiday I don't really practice. Meh, I'll take a day "mostly" off to spend with my family. It's all good.

No comments: